How can I register?

Sidwell Summer has an online application – click on the Register Now link at the top of the page to get started!  Registering for a Summer Studies Credit Course requires a paper application; please visit the Summer Studies Credit page.


Do you offer financial assistance?

Yes! If you are interested in learning more about the program or applying for Sponsorship, please visit the Sponsorship page.  The Sponsorship application for Summer 2019 will become available in January and will be open through February 28 of 2019.

For Summer Studies courses, financial assistance may be available to Sidwell Friends School students who receive financial aid during the regular school year. A written request for aid is required.


What is your refund policy?

All deposits are non-refundable.  After May 1, all payments are non-refundable.  Changes in a camper’s schedule may result in full loss of fees for the original program.  Payments lost due to withdrawal from a program cannot be forwarded to the next year’s programs or to a sibling’s account.  Any deposit or payment lost due to withdrawal from a program will be contributed to Sidwell Summer’s Sponsorship Program.

After May 1, any changes to existing registrations will result in a $25 administrative fee.  This includes switching program weeks, switching to a different program, or switching to a program with a lower fee.  After May 1, balances must be paid in full, and payments are non-refundable.


Do you offer before and after care?


Before: Early Risers runs from 7:30am – 8:45am.  Relaxed activities and a morning snack get your camper ready for a fun-filled day!  At 8:45am, campers are walked to their designated program drop-off location.

After: Camp ‘til Six runs from 3:00pm – 6:00pm.  Participants choose from a variety of daily activities: sports, arts & crafts, game room, and more.  Snack is included.

Visit the Extended Day page for more details regarding the Early Risers and Camp ‘til Six programs.


Do you offer transportation?

We do not offer transportation to or from any of our camp programs or between campuses.


What are the lunch options?

All Full Day campers will eat lunch during the camp day.  On Monday-Thursday, you can send your camper with a packed lunch (labeled with camper's name).  Alternatively, campers can purchase cafeteria lunch (salad bar, sandwich bar, fruit, yogurt, etc.) for $6/day.  Lunch may be purchased in advance through the Summer Office or during registration; lunch may also be purchased day by day with $6 cash.  We provide cheese pizza and Italian ice each Friday for all Full Day campers in on-campus programs, at no additional cost.


Is Sidwell Summer nut free?

No, our programs and campuses are not nut free.  Please contact Sidwell Summer with any questions or concerns:


Is Sidwell Summer open to campers who don't attend Sidwell Friends?

Yes!  The majority of our campers don't attend Sidwell Friends School during the school year.  


What medical forms do you require?

For a DC Campus program: 

All mandatory medical information is captured through the online application*.

For a Bethesda Campus program:

If your camper lives outside the United States or US Territories, the Immunization Form must be completed and submitted prior to the first day of camp. Per State of Maryland Law, your camper will not be permitted to attend camp without the completed form on file*.

*We do not require any additional forms unless your camper will need to take any prescription medications while at camp, or if you would like to authorize the camp nurse to dispense any over-the-counter medications to your child while at camp.  Additionally, if you camper has an allergy, asthma, or other medical condition (i.e. diabetes, epilepsy), we will need the relevant Action Plan.  You can find these forms on our Health Forms page.

All of the forms mentioned above can be returned via mail, fax (202-537-2483), email (, or brought in on the first day of camp.